29 Aug 2010

10 Best Books (In my eyes that is!)

Well, I've been sat on my bed looking at my bookcase, and its made me think, how every book in my top 10 favourites, is here! So I'll give you a run through, and see if any catch your fancy!

1) The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer; OK, so pretty much every teenage girl has read the twilight saga, and even more have seen the films. But whether your Team Jacob (nope!) or Team Edward (definitely!), you can really enjoy them! To give you the low-down, basically this girl moves from Phoenix to Forks in Washington DC, meets this vampire, falls in love with him, meets a Werwolf's, falls in love with him too, and has to choose between. I just love the way I can loose myself in the books, and wake-up from dream-land an hour later, to find the rains finally stopped and the sun is out. My favourite by far, you'll definitely enjoy (even you lads will tbh!).

2) The Host by Stephanie Meyer; Wow, another book by her, and its no surprise! Honestly, the way she puts sentences together mixed with the actual ideas behind the stories is amazing! I love this one, its a mix of eerie, funny, scary, and sad. (I was literally in tears at one point). If you like something different, a bit of conspiracy, its perfect for you. Another recommended read, and its in at number two. Lets continue...

3) Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling; Well, it's well known that I'm a jam addict. And you know what? I.BLAME.HARRY.POTTER. Yes, I blame my fatty addiction on a fictional character. It all started in 2008, when i was a bit bored, so i decided to read the series. I hadn't read them yet, and within half an hour I was hooked. But reading for hours on end meant I got hungry, which is where the jam sandwiches came in. I've never been the same since. But anyway, the books are down-right amazing. They're funny, scary, happy and sad (I have a friend who cried for ages at one point in the last book, but i won't spoil it). So, yes, i know its a kids book series, but honestly read them. Your life would be incomplete without them.
4) The Confessions of Georgia Nicholson by Louise Rennison; Do yourself a favour, and buy the books, lending them from the library leads to embarrassment and dirty looks. The names are a bit offensive to the elderly and goody-two-shoes of the world. Aside from that though, they are brilliant. A good bit of girly humour to get you giggling. Enjoy!

5) Black Beauty by Anna Sewell; Probably one of the only classics I can endure. It's about horses (one of them had to be), and is beautifully written. I am yet to meet someone who hasn't heard of this book. So, buy it, lend it, (just don't steal it!), and get ready to be taken on a wonderful journey through the eyes of a horse.

6) I Heart New York by Lindsay Kelk; This is the only official 'Adult' book on the list. As in, all of the others are for little 'uns. I got this book free with Glamour magazine, and it's actually the book that made me want to start a blog. Follow Angela as she runs away to New York, and (hints in the title guys!!) falls in love with it. So there you go, that was my number 6!

7) Rowan the Strange by Julie Hearn; I got this book from school as part of the 'Book Club'. It was one of those clubs you think is awesome for the first week or so, but by the next visit you just feel a bit, well, yawn. (sorry, couldn't think of a word there.) And by the end, we were all going for the weekly flapjacks. But when I got reading, I couldn't stop! I was transported back to the time of WW2 (not literally, but you know what I mean), and felt what Rowan felt, saw what he saw. It is honestly a wonderful read. You'll enjoy it. Trust me.

8) The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill; My first and probably my last ever colouring competition win. I was a week away from turning 14 when I entered the colouring competition at the library around the corner (that library has been a godsend ever since!). I was in the age category 8-13 years old, and screamed like an Oscar winner when they phoned me up to tell me I'd won! I got a signed copy of this book, and whilst it took a while to get into, I loved it! I just really hope they don't make it into a movie...

9) My Secret Unicorn by Linda Chapman; Horses? Check. Unicorns? Check. Childish fantasy? Check. Fan Club? Check. (yes I joined the fan club, but i was 9!). A good kids read (or adults. or teenagers. or the elderly. OK, a good read!). Just read them. You'll understand when you do.

10) The Sophie Series of Books (not sure what the real name is) by D.K. Smith; I'm called Sophie. She's called Sophie. Enough Said






So, there you go. My top 10 books, through my eyes. Is your list different to mine? (It is, you know it). Comment yours, and I might make a top 10 through your eyes. But, goodbye for now,

love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS, remember, i want your childish tales in the post below, best one gets a mention in tomorrows post:):) xxx

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of these except Harry Potter and Black Beauty Sophie...so thanks for sharing this list! Now I know what I am gonna read since I am besotted by fantasy stuff(except werewolves)! :)
    Btw, I forgot to put it up in my list, but have you tried reading "Little Women" unabridged by Louisa May Alcott? It's a gem and is as modern as a pair of black shoes.
    Love n Light, Deepti

    ReplyDelete